What is J-1 Exchange Program?
The J-1 Visa provides countless opportunities for international candidates looking to travel and gain experience in the United States. The multifaceted programs enable foreign nationals to come to the U.S. to study, conduct research, demonstrate special skills or receive on-the-job- training for periods ranging from a few weeks to several months. CGEX provides you to find the adequate J-1 Exchange Internship Program in U.S. along with language training and also we are trying to develop job placements with our affiliated organizations for the international applicants to have experience the Cross Cultural and on-the-job training also. If you are interested in participating J-1 EV program through CGEX, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.j1visa.state.gov.
As the preamble of the Fulbright–Hays Act of 1961 states: The purpose of this chapter is to enable the Government of the United States to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries by means of educational and cultural exchange; to strengthen the ties which unite us with other nations by demonstrating the educational and cultural interests, developments, and achievements of the people of the United States and other nations, and the contributions being made toward a peaceful and more fruitful life for people throughout the world; to promote international cooperation for educational and cultural advancement; and thus to assist in the development of friendly, sympathetic, and peaceful relations between the United States and the other countries of the world.
Language Training Program
Being that too many of Language Programs in U.S., it always make confused to the applicant when they try to choose the language program.
For more than 200 years, experience of education, the competent staff of CGEX has provided a cost effective way for applicants to choose highly qualified language program for short term or long term programs. Although we specialize in J-1 program and Staffing for nurses, we are also very strong in providing administrative and right way support system.
Our Current Recommendations
Below is English Forum’s current selection of recommended schools. This short-list changes from time to time and includes both private language schools and post-secondary academic institutions (universities and colleges).
• Pacific region
• Mountain region
• Plains region
• Midwest region
• Northeast region
• Southeast region
• ELS Language Centers, San Rafael, California: On the campus of Dominican University, this beautiful location offers personalized language instruction in Marin County, one of the most beautiful residential areas in the San Francisco Bay Area. Students live on campus or with host families.
• Intrax English Institute, San Diego, California: This private language school offers inexpensive courses in an attractive downtown location. San Diego is world renowned for its beautiful beaches, casual Southern Californian lifestyle and delicious Mexican food.
• University of California, Berkeley, California: One of the most famous universities in the world, the English Language Program at Berkeley has an excellent reputation and students from a wide range of nationalities. English language instruction is offered at the Berkeley and San Francisco locations.
• ELS Language Centers, Denver, Colorado: Located on the campus of Regis University, this medium-sized private language school offers a wide range of courses for international students including General English, TOEFL Preparation and TOEIC Preparation. Denver is located in the heart of the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Students live with host families, in university residence halls or in private apartments.
• The Language Company, Edmond Language Institute, Edmond, Oklahoma: On the campus of the University of Central Oklahoma, the Edmond Language Institute offers General English, TOEFL Preparation, Business English and full access to all university facilities. Students live with host families, in university residence halls or apartments.
• Aspect-IEI, Chicago, Illinois: On the campus of the Illinois Institute of Technology, Aspect-IEI Chicago offers a variety of language courses in the most exciting and interesting city in the Mid-West of the United States. Students can live on campus.
• Wisconsin English Second Language Institute (WESLI), Madison, Wisconsin: Located in downtown Madison, WESLI is just a few blocks away from the University of Wisconsin at Madison campus. Madison is a pleasant university town; students and faculty at the University make up about 30% of the population of the city. Students can live on campus.
• Georgetown University, Washington DC: Georgetown is the oldest Catholic university in the United States. The EFL program at Georgetown offers integrated and balanced classroom instruction at all levels and electives for special interest in business, academics, current events, and popular culture. Students can live on campus
• Language Studies International, Boston, Massachusetts: Located in the heart of the Back Bay, Boston’s oldest and most beautiful neighborhood, LSI Boston is a private language school offering high quality standard & intensive courses, test preparation courses and executive programs. Students live with host families. Residence halls are available in the summer.
• New York University, New York City: a university campus based program, located in the heart of Greenwich Village. The American Language Institute at NYU offers courses for students who plan to enroll in University programs as well as Business English courses for international professionals. Students live on campus.
• American Language Academy, Tampa, Florida: Located on the campus of the University of Tampa, ALA offers quality language courses for students at all levels. Beautiful weather and nearby beaches attract visitors from all over the world year-round. Students live on campus or with host families. But remember … the above list is just a short selection. Our Good School Guide has details of over 300 English language schools all over the United States. To search for a school, you can:
• enter one or more keywords in the Search Box under the US map;
• click one of the regions on the US map at the top of this page;
• browse our full list of English language schools in the US;
• Send email if need the Advanced Search option to select specific school features.
Junior Exchange Program
The J1 high school exchange program allows the Secondary school student travel to the United States to study at an accredited public or private high school and live with an American host family or at an accredited boarding school. The J1 high school applicants’ visa will be sponsored by one of the 200 accredited sponsoring agents and will be placed to a volunteer host family (no stipend will be charged) and a public high school (no tuition for public high school; however, under some cases, students can be placed to a private school and pay tuition). Recruiting agents like us will charge program fee to process students’ application, screen volunteer families (a very difficult part), match students with family and place to local schools, supervise the students during his/her stay in the US (airport pickup/drop off, monthly report, student counseling). The program fee (including insurance, SEVIS, student service; excluding books, school lunch, activity fees and pocket money) for an academic year program (Aug to May) 2014 Fall is 9800USD/student; the semester program can be provided per request.
Some key features:
1. Subject to quota: About 20,000 J1 high school students visa can be issued every year (determined by Department of State)—about 200 spots will be reserved for several designated Muslim countries, German and Scandinavia students count for the majority, East Asian students see a rapid increase in recent years (about some thousand split between Japan, S Korea and China). The J1 high school program in East Asia is a buyers’ market, and is all about which local agents can get J1 spots from a US agent.
2. Administrated and supervised by Department of State, or the Federal Government: strict rules regarding the screening of the volunteer families, school placement, local coordinators’ responsibility and auditing.
3. Cultural exchange is the main purpose: Different from the F1 high school program which is an academic program, J1 high school program’s purpose is to enable international students to have a culture exchange experience in an US high school. J1 participants are strongly encouraged, organized to participate in the school’s extra curriculum activities, community activities and local coordinator organizing events.
4. Very affordable rate: We offer cost wise rate to the participants. Only 12,000USD/student for 10 months’ schooling and boarding!! The rate of F1 program for one academic year starts from 25,000USD/student.
5. The J1 visa cannot be renewed or extended: no students’ J1 visa can be renewed for another year. Students can return to the US to attend school with a F1 visa.
Dispatching the trained ESL Instructor
CGEX provide trained well and competent ESL instructor to the institutes and school which located at out of seas. To do that CGEX trains the instructor the culture, customs, etiquettes, foreign language and cross cultural experience before dispatching them to other countries.
And also CGEX select and screen the instructor through FBI Background Checkup before hiring to the institute. All the foreign school can have very qualified instructors through CGEX .